<- BACK TO ELECTRIC GRILL SUPPORT
Can I use an extension cord?Last Update : 03/29/2018
For best performance, we do not recommend using an extension cord. If you must use an extension cord, for your safety, use the following:
- Use only outdoor type with 3 prong grounding plug.
- Rated for 15 amperes or more
- Approved by UL
- Marked with a W-A and a tag stating “Suitable for Use with Outdoor Appliance”.
- Use the shortest length extension cord required. Do not connect 2 or more extension cords together.
- A 12 or 14 gauge extension cord of 50 ft. or less is acceptable.
- Do not use 16 or 18 gauge extension cords. Damage to household wiring and/or fire could result.
- Keep connections dry and off of the ground.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table top or other items where it can be pulled by children or tripped over.